2004 Rx330 Radiator Leak

rfcbuf

Now facing a 2nd radiator replacement w/ my 2004 RX330. Leaking coolant from Radiator body at top and from upper plumbing pipes. Is this a weakness with this model? Also, planning service at a Toyota dealer and wonder if Toyota (2004 Highlander) radiator can fit in place of a Lexus replacement.

Don't imagine that radiators are being repaired these days or are they? vs. buying a new radiator.

Now facing a 2nd radiator replacement w/ my 2004 RX330. Leaking coolant from Radiator body at top and from upper plumbing pipes. Is this a weakness with this model? Also, planning service at a Toyota dealer and wonder if Toyota (2004 Highlander) radiator can fit in place of a Lexus replacement.

Don't imagine that radiators are being repaired these days or are they? vs. buying a new radiator.

I remember Toyota having a recall or a notice of some kind because of defective radiators in about '04 or '05. I also remember one poster having his radiator replaced by Lexus on warranty and then the second one went bad, just like you. Since it's an '04, I would definitely contact Lexus about it because MOST radiators last the life of the vehicle (I assume this is the plastic tank that is cracked). There ARE radiator shops that replace the plastic tanks, but I am sure most would much rather sell you a new radiator and make the same money they would by replacing the tank. IF you are going to replace the radiator, I would suggest you buy online or locally. There are a LOT of places that sell radiators anymore and if you can install it yourself, it would be a LOT cheaper than having a dealer do it.

I remember Toyota having a recall or a notice of some kind because of defective radiators in about '04 or '05. I also remember one poster having his radiator replaced by Lexus on warranty and then the second one went bad, just like you. Since it's an '04, I would definitely contact Lexus about it because MOST radiators last the life of the vehicle (I assume this is the plastic tank that is cracked). There ARE radiator shops that replace the plastic tanks, but I am sure most would much rather sell you a new radiator and make the same money they would by replacing the tank. IF you are going to replace the radiator, I would suggest you buy online or locally. There are a LOT of places that sell radiators anymore and if you can install it yourself, it would be a LOT cheaper than having a dealer do it.

Toyota dealer who's given me great service last 2 years, ordered aftermarket radiator for $100 less than Lexus original equipment unit. After 2 Lexus radiator failures in the past 5 years, I think it was a good decision. Replacement radiaor will come with same warantee as the Lexus unit option.