Turbo Kit Low Boost 6-7lbs No Afc?

I don't have much "turbo" experience(with the exception of one totally stock sr20det conversion). I'm strapped for cash and wanna build a turbo kit for my sc300 5 speed( i can do this no problem. i can also install) My question is could i run low boost 6-7lbs for a short time without a basic AFC (I don't wanna waste money on that I want an AEM engine management, but they are super $$$$ around $1900!) without MAJOR issues? I have a walbro pump already installed(was planning on some nitrous, but have passed on that) I was guessing i could run some race fuel(i only drive a few miles a day) and turn down the timing to prevent detonation. Just wondering if the stock ECU could keep up? :whistles:

post-106115-1260380721_thumb.jpg

I don't have much "turbo" experience(with the exception of one totally stock sr20det conversion). I'm strapped for cash and wanna build a turbo kit for my sc300 5 speed( i can do this no problem. i can also install) My question is could i run low boost 6-7lbs for a short time without a basic AFC (I don't wanna waste money on that I want an AEM engine management, but they are super $$$$ around $1900!) without MAJOR issues? I have a walbro pump already installed(was planning on some nitrous, but have passed on that) I was guessing i could run some race fuel(i only drive a few miles a day) and turn down the timing to prevent detonation. Just wondering if the stock ECU could keep up? :whistles:

IS ANYONE OUT THERE????? :unsure:

untitled.bmp

I don't have much "turbo" experience(with the exception of one totally stock sr20det conversion). I'm strapped for cash and wanna build a turbo kit for my sc300 5 speed( i can do this no problem. i can also install) My question is could i run low boost 6-7lbs for a short time without a basic AFC (I don't wanna waste money on that I want an AEM engine management, but they are super $ around $1900!) without MAJOR issues? I have a walbro pump already installed(was planning on some nitrous, but have passed on that) I was guessing i could run some race fuel(i only drive a few miles a day) and turn down the timing to prevent detonation. Just wondering if the stock ECU could keep up?:whistles:

Nice to see someone interested in starting a new build! :cheers: Good choice to pass on the nos.

Everything you would want to know and more ...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performanc...maintenance-33/

... keep us updated on your project.

I don't have much "turbo" experience(with the exception of one totally stock sr20det conversion). I'm strapped for cash and wanna build a turbo kit for my sc300 5 speed( i can do this no problem. i can also install) My question is could i run low boost 6-7lbs for a short time without a basic AFC (I don't wanna waste money on that I want an AEM engine management, but they are super $ around $1900!) without MAJOR issues? I have a walbro pump already installed(was planning on some nitrous, but have passed on that) I was guessing i could run some race fuel(i only drive a few miles a day) and turn down the timing to prevent detonation. Just wondering if the stock ECU could keep up?:whistles:

Nice to see someone interested in starting a new build! :cheers: Good choice to pass on the nos.

Thanks for the reply, but i spent about an hour last night and a good bit of time going thru that info and I still found nothing to answer my question. I did find one thread about a guy doing a build running the same engine management i can't afford right now(AEM) and 25lbs of boost!(I'm only looking for 6-7lbs here) :unsure:

post-106115-1260545965_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but i spent about an hour last night and a good bit of time going thru that info and I still found nothing to answer my question. I did find one thread about a guy doing a build running the same engine management i can't afford right now(AEM) and 25lbs of boost!(I'm only looking for 6-7lbs here) :unsure:

HELP :cries: