91 Air Compressor (air Suspension)

maxed_out

Hi Guys, sorry for not posting sooner. Long story short, my 91 has been running flawless for a long time. Unfortunately she's getting the 18 year itch and it looks like the solenoid operated valve on the air compresssor for the air suspension is shot. The symptom is the compressor continues to run and hiss out the side port.

I know-I know its just time til she finally goes all together but I'd like to ask if anyone has a spare or any spare valve off the system to send me a PM. The dealer says the part is not available.

I thought I'd give this a shot and see what happens.

Thanks, Max

Thanks for the tip on the celsior...I didnt know that.

Just thought I'd update everone for the casue. And it turns out another day of rest for me and taking another look yields some results. I find that sometimes things can look different the next day......I came to the conclusion that the exhaust valve has issues. So we pump in air, and the exhaust valve (connected to the drier) does its thing to return to atmosphere when necessary. Hmm bad solenoid?

I took a closer look and tested the solenoid for the exhaust valve and its fine. I got the compressor out and looking at it I came to the concluson that the exhaust valve "o" rings may be failing and not sealing. Then I remembered a trick a tech taught me about o rings...liquid teflon. So I lightly sanded the mating surfaces where the exhaust valve meets the drier and carefully sealed the inner and outer o rings with liquid teflon.

Did this last night, and the car is still ok on all fours.

Will keep you posted.

Max