Ahc Fluid Flush

T4RBoarder

• 1 month later...

"I have purchased 3 (2.5 liter) containers of the Toyota / Lexus AHC Fluid (part AHC Suspension Fluid 2.5 liter container 08886-01805), which by the way, is now $41... I called 5 dealerships locally and found pricing $41 to $57.... I believe I have enough to change the globes and flush the system.....

I have read a few forum threads on IH8MUD.COM... and feel I'm ready to take this on myself....

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruiser...sion-fluid.html

Does anyone have ANY tips, tricks, watch out for's, suggestions before I start bleeding my first accumulator..."

I think a REAL Dealership AHC Flush, if they bill you at retail for the fluid, and an couple of hours work (After speaking with Keith at B & B - He said about 2 to 4 hours on an accumulator change because of the "Bleeding Process"), the $250 sounds right.... although the dealers do rip us off.... (they wanted $750 for O2 sensors which are a 45 minute $100 in parts, soup to nuts job...) I heard correctly flushing / bleeding the AHC can be a filthy mess of a job..... $250 doesn't shock me.... I just hope they don't just syphon out the old from the reservoir and top you off......

I would buy the fluid and do it yourself.... make sure it gets done right.