03 Es300 - Climate Control Lights - Diy Replacement?

ricehead

Some of the bulbs behind my 2003 climate control panel are burned out, so hard to see what the buttons are for during the nighttime. Are there any threads that deal with this, or anyone who has replaced them who can give me advice? Is it possible, and if so is it DIY?

A picture is attached, showing what type of cc system I have.

Thanks for help

:(

On a related note, was it a complete oversight for the designers not to put a light behind the buttons for the gas door and trunk pop, or are those burned out too!?

post-62833-1259612132_thumb.jpg

Hey there,

No lights behind the gas pop and trunk pop buttons...

You may be out of luck with this. I had some bulbs burn out on mine when it was still under warranty and my guy at the Lexus dealer told me that the bulbs were not user servicable and they replaced the whole unit with a new one.

Hopefully they just did that out of laziness...I'd hate to think what that unit would cost...

I have the same A/C controller as you and acutally, I believe the lights are replaceable. I plan to attempt it this week when I find time since I finally got the replacement bulbs for it from a dealer; my lights on the right-side have been out for a while now. I believe the unit needs to be removed, the back cover removed, and then the bulbs replaced. I'll come back here and update if it goes successfully.

please explain me HOW?

How is it not a different car? All of those components are entirely different and not interchangeable...

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying because something is possible on the 97 doesn't mean its possible on the 03.

Let us know hybridamp!

Ok, so the weather got crazy cold recently and my garage isn't heated. Needless to say, I haven't gotten a chance to try the bulb swap yet, but the forecast looks good starting tomorrow so I plan to get this done finally; at the very least to get the bulbs off of my desk.

:D I was able to successfully replace my bulbs, but in retrospect I wish that I had ordered enough bulbs to replace them all while I had the controller partially disassembled. Only one of mine actually looked to be blown, but I replaced two anyhow.

I never said you were wrong, I just said don't automatically assume because something works a certain way on your 97 that it will work on an 02-06. Its the same as saying because something works one way on an ES it works the same way on an LS...which is definitely not always the case.

:D I was able to successfully replace my bulbs, but in retrospect I wish that I had ordered enough bulbs to replace them all while I had the controller partially disassembled. Only one of mine actually looked to be blown, but I replaced two anyhow.

Hey, thanks for updating us. Do you know how many bulbs were back there that could be replaced?

LCD part#90010-03048 14V 1.4W

Knob Part# 90010-03049 14V 1.4W

Camlex - thanks for the help.

Are the LCD bulbs for the back-lighting on the LCD portion? Are the "knob" bulbs for the back-lighting on the buttons?

My buttons are the ones that are no longer lighting up.

Thanks for any help!

"hybridamp" would you please tell/show us how you disassembled the controller... where do I need to start pry out?

I'd also like to replace the bulbs for mine too, but don't know where to start to disassemble the controller...

Thanks