Sc300 Gauges

chadimus06

i jus bought a 92 lexus and the needles on the gauges dont light up and the spedo doesnt work. i was jus wondering if anyone had any tips on them or if there is any aftermarket gauges that look pretty good. any advice would be helpful. thanx leave some links to some if anyone knows any.

i jus bought a 92 lexus and the needles on the gauges dont light up and the spedo doesnt work. i was jus wondering if anyone had any tips on them or if there is any aftermarket gauges that look pretty good. any advice would be helpful. thanx leave some links to some if anyone knows any.

lextasy.com they repair and customize sc300 and sc400 guage clusters

For the life of me i cant see them in lextasy but i understand lextech does repair and have color kits for the back lights and the needles allthough.... judging from what i been reading from the forums theres alot of mixed reviews about lextech and they dont stand behind their work but then again they are rather in expensive specially concidering how expensive it is for the lexus dealer to fix them yikes $$$ so i guess its a roll of the dice and crossing your fingers and if dont pan out i guess its an open and shut case of you get what you pay for allthough if you just want the bulbs swapped out factory im sure you can go to the lexus dealer purchase the bulbs for the needles and go on craigslist hire a laid of mechanic and let him do your dash these needles are even hard to come accross on ebay so id be weary of buyin a used unit they seem to go out about this time i have a 92 sc as well mine flash when they want too half the time they dont come on, good luck, on one last thought if the speedo dont work at all and you just want the stock look you can go on ebay and get off for about 100 buck i think these speedometers pretty addaptable 92-2000 so your milage reading might be off but youll have a working speedo and needles but id advice buying one sayin it came of a later model

For the life of me i cant see them in lextasy but i understand lextech does repair and have color kits for the back lights and the needles allthough.... judging from what i been reading from the forums theres alot of mixed reviews about lextech and they dont stand behind their work but then again they are rather in expensive specially concidering how expensive it is for the lexus dealer to fix them yikes $$$ so i guess its a roll of the dice and crossing your fingers and if dont pan out i guess its an open and shut case of you get what you pay for allthough if you just want the bulbs swapped out factory im sure you can go to the lexus dealer purchase the bulbs for the needles and go on craigslist hire a laid of mechanic and let him do your dash these needles are even hard to come accross on ebay so id be weary of buyin a used unit they seem to go out about this time i have a 92 sc as well mine flash when they want too half the time they dont come on, good luck, on one last thought if the speedo dont work at all and you just want the stock look you can go on ebay and get off for about 100 buck i think these speedometers pretty addaptable 92-2000 so your milage reading might be off but youll have a working speedo and needles but id advice buying one sayin it came of a later model

Sorry, that is correct. I got mixed up yesterday on the the website. I have however heard very good things about lextec from fellow SC300 owners i know personally. i would get the speed-o fixed casue the cost of just one speeding ticket could easily cover the cost of a used "working" cluster or a reman job with Lextec. Keep in mind your speedometer issue might not be the fault of your cluster. A friend of mine and I instsalled a clutch in my SC and forgot to plug in the connector on the manual tranny and mine didnt work until I realized that it was simply unplugged(got in a hurry).

• 4 months later...

well thank yall for the help and ill look into lextech and see what i cant find. if i find anything good then ill posts some links. ill be sure to see if its plugged in too!!!!!!!

Did you find anything from the Lextech or? I have an SC400 with the same prob. Are you saying you can get the needles only from Lexus? I have someone to put them in and the rest of the cluster is working...help

djsunlimitedtx@yahoo.com Thanks,

Michael