2005 Es330 Locking Lug Nut + Missing Box From Trunk Tool Kit

Rik Brown

Just bought a 2005 ES330. Prior owner was a personal lease and I bought it from a Toyota dealer rather than

a Lexus dealership.

1) Locking Lug Nut

I noticed that on each wheel is one of those locking lug nuts that require a special adapter to remove. I cannot find

that lug nut tool. Where is it normally located in the car? Is it supposed to be part of the tool kit in the trunk? I don't find

it there.

2) Box?

Also, as part of the tool kit in the trunk, something is missing on the right side that looks like a box of about 4 x 10 inches. What is that?

I don't have the manuals either but Lexus is mailing those to me (2-4 weeks for delivery). Hopefully they will

answer my questions.

But, in the meantime, if I get a FLAT TIRE, I'm in big trouble.

Can anyone clear up these two matters for me.

Thanks. -- Rik

you can go to dealer and replace with regular nut. or purchase lockkey

better do it quick.

If I don't locate the tool in the car in the next couple of days, I'll go to a Lexus dealer at the beginning of the week and get one.

Any idea what that box is in the tool kit that I mentioned above? I'm guessing its a socket set?

Thanks. -- Rik

Enjoy your new car. I have a 04 es and has been a great car. My locking lug nuts rusted, I replaced with the standard lug nut bought from the dealer. Get lug nuts or locking lug nuts from the dealer, that way you no they fit correctly and are safe. I assume you have the stock rims.. I'll look in my trunk tool kit to see If I have a open spot in mine. have fun with your new car, drive safe.

Tim