My Lazy Ls400

sbolasingh

I have an 1995 Lexus LS400 and it seem to run somewhat sluggish. It doesn't seem to have the power that a LS should have. I've changed everything that I thought would hold it back such as the timing belt waterpump, fuel filter, catalyic converters, plugs wires etc and still the same problem. Any suggestions

I have an 1995 Lexus LS400 and it seem to run somewhat sluggish. It doesn't seem to have the power that a LS should have.

What are you basing your conclusion on? Any objective/scientific evidence or comparisons?

Performance differs among the LS series.

The 1990-1992 LS400 performs similar but some are slower or faster depending on how they are optioned due to varying weight.

The 1993-1994 LS400 gained 100 pounds and performance is generally a little lower than the 90-92.

The 1995-1997 LS400 lost 200 pounds on average, gained 10 horsepower and is a little faster than the earlier ones.

The 1998-2000 LS400 gained 240 pounds over the 95-97 but also gained 30 horsepower and VVTi which let the engine scream and improved acceleration.

So, my question is .... how much power do you think your LS should have?