Engine Control

mann777

Would anybody know the Engine Control just died...Are these available and what price. I am not tooo happy in repairing these, as they dont last long of what I have heard.

The part number is 90467-07117.

Here is the image

post-21708-1258824679_thumb.jpg

Would anybody know the Engine Control just died...Are these available and what price. I am not tooo happy in repairing these, as they dont last long of what I have heard.

The part number is 90467-07117.

Here is the image

I have a '98 LS400...problem was -- car would crank but not start...thought it might be the fuel pump relay or fuel pump but it turned out to be the ECM.

I think maybe after 12 yrs in the S. Texas sun..the ECM was baked?? Anyhow, I had it rebuilt/reprogrammed by these guys in Houston for $225: http://autocomputersupply.com/index.asp?Pa...Custom&ID=4

I did the R&R myself...and yes...it's a ~pain to remove glovebox & ECM! Took car for a 30M test drive today...runs great! Good Luck!

I have had 7 different LS400 in the past 15 years, with mileage from 90K to 250K and never had a bad/faulty ECM, and our Dallas sun is as hot as your Houston sun.....

This is not part of their history, light bulbs, instruments(pre 95), door handles, sure.

The LS is one of the best cars you can own....

I have had 7 different LS400 in the past 15 years, with mileage from 90K to 250K and never had a bad/faulty ECM, and our Dallas sun is as hot as your Houston sun.....

This is not part of their history, light bulbs, instruments(pre 95), door handles, sure.

The LS is one of the best cars you can own....

Ok...but for my LS...I checked every other issue...which allowed me to conclude that the EFI Relay...located within the ECM wasn't working (for whatever reason)...as the Fuel Injectors were not "firing" (spraying fuel). Now the reflashed ECM works like a charm. O/w...never really have had any serious problems with 98 LS with 152,000 Miles

It was quite simple the First Generation LS400 EC dont last long( This is my opinion) I have had this vehicle since Day1 And I have completed 15 years with 227000 miles. Never had a serious problem unlike this one. All I had to do was connect the tool to read the codes, It was not reading at all. Only the cluster lit with the MIL blinking I figured could be the battery, MAF Sensor, etc Nopes was'nt it, I had my collegeau ECM pulled out and fitted on my car, Bingo It worked !!.

This car LS has been my favourite all time. I will never sell this car at all, even though my wife keeps saying sell this old car, You already got the LS460 I keep saying even you are old.. :lol:

On the contrary the LS460 has given me more problems since the last 3 years compared to the LS400 in 15 years. I am waiting from sewell a response if they can source a new EC. That will give fresh lease of life to this car.