Tranny Flare

es3502007

Hello All,

On my second tranny due to the 2nd gear flare and its happening again. I live in Canada and the other morning was cooler than it's been so far this fall. The second gear flare is very much there and worse then my first tranny. I am calling the dealer today but I know they will reset my computer (again) which does fix it for a short period of time. My warranty is almost up (80,000km).

Has anyone else been through this on tranny #2? Should I insist on tranny #3? or live *BLEEP*ed off at Lexus till this car is gone? :huh::censored:

BTW. Warm today and no flare. If winter didnt last for 5 months here, I may live with it. Hate to say this, but I know I have cost Lexus some new business by talking to friends, clients etc about these issues. Lexus has surprised with great service and surprises me with issues I didnt expect from a lexus.

1) Wind noise (only on very warm days) thank god those are few an far between in Canada

2) 2nd tranny same issue

3) brakes (when i back up, i attrack elk)

4) replaced amplifier (CD player would not connect)

I do love the ride and look and the service area at lexus. I am there a fair amount, I may just get invented to the Xmas party

I hope all you fine folks are not experiencing the same issues. No car is perfect, I just didnt expect this. Didnt have any issues with the last 3 honda's we owned over the last 15 years.

Hello All,

On my second tranny due to the 2nd gear flare and its happening again. I live in Canada and the other morning was cooler than it's been so far this fall. The second gear flare is very much there and worse then my first tranny. I am calling the dealer today but I know they will reset my computer (again) which does fix it for a short period of time. My warranty is almost up (80,000km).

Has anyone else been through this on tranny #2? Should I insist on tranny #3? or live *BLEEP*ed off at Lexus till this car is gone? :huh::censored:

BTW. Warm today and no flare. If winter didnt last for 5 months here, I may live with it. Hate to say this, but I know I have cost Lexus some new business by talking to friends, clients etc about these issues. Lexus has surprised with great service and surprises me with issues I didnt expect from a lexus.

1) Wind noise (only on very warm days) thank god those are few an far between in Canada

2) 2nd tranny same issue

3) brakes (when i back up, i attrack elk)

4) replaced amplifier (CD player would not connect)

I do love the ride and look and the service area at lexus. I am there a fair amount, I may just get invented to the Xmas party

I hope all you fine folks are not experiencing the same issues. No car is perfect, I just didnt expect this. Didnt have any issues with the last 3 honda's we owned over the last 15 years.

What year is your car?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm betting it is a 2007(?)

That's what I am thinking as they fixed this in the 08s.

It is a 2007, hence my ID. However the tranny was replaced in 2009 (january to be exact) Did the 08's get there brake issue resolved? Wind noise?

I believe it is covered by warranty. I jsut brought my car to dealer last month to fix the break noise when backing up. They replaced the rear break pads with the cause "L-SB-0166-08" and it did solve the problem.

Mine is also 2007.