99 Rx 300

JOHNNY JR

I have 99 RX-300 the power mirrors do not work, cig. lighter, windshield washer all dead.

Does anyone have ideas?

I have checked all fuses, but find none blown or labeled pwr. mirror.

Thank you in advance.

johnpruittmotors@hotmail.com

johnp366@msn.com

johnp366@gmail.com :unsure:

I have 99 RX-300 the power mirrors do not work, cig. lighter, windshield washer all dead.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thank you in advance.

johnp366@msn.com

It sure seems like a fuse... There are two fuse boxes in the 99RX, one in the engine compartment and one behind the pull-out on the left of the driver's steering wheel (lower dash). The manual contains the list of which fuse applies to which circuits. Sometimes fuses 'look' good but are not. If (and I do not know it is the case) the manula indicates that a fuse covers the power mirror+cig. lighter and windshield washer circuits, it might well be that the fuse 'looks good' but needs to be replaced. Good luck!

Does anyone have ideas?

Thank you in advance.

johnp366@msn.com

Try "resetting" your fuses. It it not uncommon for fuses and contacts on connections in modern cars to get a little oxidization on those points and fail to carry the load through. The fuses and contacts DO NOT HAVE TO LOOK DIRTY to fail to carry the load. I prefer to use a little "Contact cleaner and lube" spray (Radio Shack), but it may not be necessary. Just pull the fuse straight out and back in 2 or 3 times and see if that makes a difference. (Hint- that is the 1ST THING you should do when you have electrical gremlins, unless you LIKE chasing your tail) Good luck!