Check Engine Light And Trac Off

JIMMYE

HELP MY CEL AND TRAC OFF LIGHTS ARE COMING ON AND THEN GOING OFF AS I DRIVE

THE CAR IS RUNNING FINE NO STALL OR HESITATION . CAN THIS BE A FUSE OR 02 SENSOR IF SO WHERE IS IT LOCATED (PICTURES OR DIAGRAM HELPFUL) TO CHANGE IT MYSELF .

THANKS TO ALL FOR SUGGESTIONS

1993 SC400 243,000 MILES IN GREAT SHAPE

GOING CRAZY IN CHI TOWN

JIMMYE

Sometimes I think a healthy !Removed! is enough to light up the CEL and Trac Off lights. There are many minor and major issues that can cause the warnings lights so you might want to see if there is a stored error code and take the appropirate action. This list is for a gen 1 LS400 V8 but the codes are likely the same for your car: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Hey, I have the same car, with just about the same miles. After the same issues with the lights a friend told me to try and change the fuel filter, after reading the trouble codes and had it showing a 2 and a 5 (I think) it was saying low fuel to air ratio. Turned out to be just that, the filter was clogged causing the error code. Try it, its only 20 bucks and you probably need it anyway. Also, I failed NJ inspection cause of c02 emmisions and tried this stuff called "gauranteed to pass".......10 bucks, and I'll tell you, my car hasn't ran like this since it had 50K miles, and it passed inspection too! Good Luck