Gs350 Dunlop Run-flat Tire Uneven Wear

My 2007 GS350 has quite laud tire noise at low speed and unsmooth ride. I thought it was alignment problem and had the shop do the alignment. I was told that the alignment was nearly perfect and the problem was with the tires. All four tires had uneven wear on the inside edge—1/3 of the circumference on the inside edge is completely wear out, whereas the rest of the tire (including other part of the inside edge) has more than half of the tread life remaining. I did a Google search and found that Toyota had a class action settlement for the Dunlop SP Sport 4000 DSST and Bridgestone B380 FRT, both run-flat tire models. I wonder if any GS350 owners have the same tire problem as the one I am having. It is easy to see this problem on the front tires. You can also run your hands around the inner shoulder of the tires. You will find the tread wears significantly more on part of the inner shoulder.

Sorry to read about your tire problem. My OEM Yokohamas were not run flats, but they did the same thing at 15,000 miles. Yokohama tried to blame it on Lexus, but the alignment was perfect. I replaced them with Bridgestone Serenitys, and have put 40,000 miles on them without a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
My 2007 GS350 has quite laud tire noise at low speed and unsmooth ride. I thought it was alignment problem and had the shop do the alignment. I was told that the alignment was nearly perfect and the problem was with the tires. All four tires had uneven wear on the inside edge—1/3 of the circumference on the inside edge is completely wear out, whereas the rest of the tire (including other part of the inside edge) has more than half of the tread life remaining. I did a Google search and found that Toyota had a class action settlement for the Dunlop SP Sport 4000 DSST and Bridgestone B380 FRT, both run-flat tire models. I wonder if any GS350 owners have the same tire problem as the one I am having. It is easy to see this problem on the front tires. You can also run your hands around the inner shoulder of the tires. You will find the tread wears significantly more on part of the inner shoulder.

My 07GS350 AWD still has the original RFT with 37K miles on them.

They wear evenly on the inner & outer sides.

The tires are rotated every 5K miles.

• 1 year later...

I have encounterd the same problem. I have a 2009 GS 350, 37,000 miles, tires rotated every 5,000 miles. The inner shoulder of the Dunlop Run-Flats are balding, even though the dealer claims the alignment is within spec. The service advisor recommended tire replacement and that the supension was such that the tires were supposed to wear that way! Rediculous.

She offered to have the Lexus Area Rep call me to discuss the matter. I just may take her up on that.

Otherwise, I'm leaning toward the Bridgestone w/Serinity and getting rid of the run-flats.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 5th Lexus. My GS350 AWD has no uneven wear on run flats! Rotate every 5k, Tire pressure alway checked cold and add extra 2lbs. The trick is to find a Lexus dealer that can do an alignment the correct way, and admits the alignment from the factory is off! In fact my tires are still like new! Love my dealership! Lexus Of Englewood in New Jersey. I travel out of my way, because they are the best!