Tinting Window

diverchris

I currently own a 2005 RX330 with standard privacy glass on the rear passenger window and rear window. On a recent trip I noticed that I could easily look into the interior and see what valuable were inside. Needless to say I did not like this.

So I want to get the windows tinted. I would like to know if the 'privacy treatment' is a film added to the glass like getting an aftermarket tint job or the 'privacy treatment' is added into the glass mix.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

The privacy glass tint you have now is built into the glass. If the "Aurora" you are in is the Colorado one, your state apparently allows a maximum of 27% tint: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CO/

You might try having your front side windows tinted with quality tint film to 27% -- should be inexpensive (less than $100) to have done by a professional with high quality tint (Llumar, 3M, etc.) to only two side windows.

If you use a windshield sunshade after you tint your front side windows, your interior will probably be just about invisible from the outside -- my interior is nearly invisible with 35% on the side and back windows (maximum tint in Kansas) and a windshield sunshade.