Overhead Panel Switches

beaver1

If you can read braille, the middle button has a dot on it, and then from there you need to feel left or right (or just push that one) depending on which button you want pressed. I have pressed the light switch in the past and then wondered why when I open the door the dome light will not come on. I am better now, I can find it without looking. You will too some day...

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought it would be relatively easy to put a dim LED somewhere up there so you know where to aim your finger. Why the engineers didn't think about it, I have no idea. After having shut off the light by mistake a whole bunch of times, my finger has finally learned about where the GDO switch is. It still makes a mistake occasionally.

I would have thought it would be relatively easy to put a dim LED somewhere up there so you know where to aim your finger. Why the engineers didn't think about it, I have no idea. After having shut off the light by mistake a whole bunch of times, my finger has finally learned about where the GDO switch is. It still makes a mistake occasionally.

I solved the problem by attaching a small piece of Velcro to the garage door opening button. I used the "hook" side of the Velcro since its a little rougher. In the day time the black Velcro stands out if I glance up at the overhead to push the button. At night I just reach up and can feel the Velcro and push the button. Using Homelink I use the other two buttons to activate interior hallway and kitchen lights with one and the front porch light with the other.