Changed Battery, Radio Went Crazy

Thundercow

I changed out my 04 battery. I have the usual window problem now but some other problems as well. Please save me a trip to the dealer!

The one I can't fix is the cd player doesn't play, cannot be selected, and the power button on the radio cannot turn on the radio. I have an ipod adapter installed. This happened once before to me, and someone told me a trick that I cannot now remember.

I have a document that helps to troubleshoot the 2003 model electrical system, including audio. If you think it will help, give me your email address and I will forward it to you. The file is larger than the 2MB maximum for this site. Good luck

I'm getting ready to change the battery in my 2002 RX300. Has anyone ever used one of these to save the settings: http://storeworth.com/product/9-Volt-Batte...mory-Saver.html? Do they really work?

They work great on other cars but the RX kills the cigarette lighter when the ignition is turned off. Is there a plug in the back that is always hot? That might work. Whatever you do, do not kill the battery with the ignition switch on. Bad things can happen.

• 2 weeks later...