P1349 Code, Please Help

newguy08

Could be your Oil control valve is failing....This valve controls the timing on the camshaft by oil pressure. I hope you dont have sludge.... I would pull the front valve cover and take a look. The oil control valve is located on the drivers side of the engine on the end of the cylinder head. The valves are circled in black on the pinkish picture. The open valve cover is an example of sludge engine after scooping out a coffee can worth of gel.....

post-12820-1256654924_thumb.png

post-12820-1256655024_thumb.jpg

Could be your Oil control valve is failing....This valve controls the timing on the camshaft by oil pressure. I hope you dont have sludge.... I would pull the front valve cover and take a look. The oil control valve is located on the drivers side of the engine on the end of the cylinder head. The valves are circled in black on the pinkish picture. The open valve cover is an example of sludge engine after scooping out a coffee can worth of gel.....

Thank you very much.

I did take them out and inspect them. They're seem to be working fine when applying 12V. Is there any more place to take a look. Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much.

I did take them out and inspect them. They're seem to be working fine when applying 12V. Is there any more place to take a look. Thanks in advance.

I believe the Oil Control Valve (OCV) has a filter associated with it. If that filter is clogged, the OCVs may test out OK, but they may not be passing any oil (or not enough oil to function properly).

Have you pulled the front valve cover to see if there is any sludge? If you see any signs of sludge, there is a good chance the OCV filter is clogged. Might not hurt to run a cycle of Auto Rx through it.

Thank you very much.

I believe the Oil Control Valve (OCV) has a filter associated with it. If that filter is clogged, the OCVs may test out OK, but they may not be passing any oil (or not enough oil to function properly).

Have you pulled the front valve cover to see if there is any sludge? If you see any signs of sludge, there is a good chance the OCV filter is clogged. Might not hurt to run a cycle of Auto Rx through it.

I did take both OCVs out the inspect them. There's no sign of sludge. They look pretty clean. Should I have them clean by parts washer to make sure? One more thing, the P1349 code refers to bank1, right? But also it refers to left side which is radiator side. Bank 1 in firewall side. So, which one is correct? I should start with left side or bank 1? Thank you all for the inputs. Should I take a look at the VVT controller assembly? How can I test it to determine VVT controller assembly bad? Could the camshaft pos sensor be a possibility as well? Thank you all.

-NG