Do I Need To Do The Inspection?

On my 09 manual it is said to do the inspection after 5000 miles or 6 months. I only use my lexus on weekends, so 6 months passed but my mileage is still far from 5000 miles. Shall I do the inspection now, or wait for my mileages to get closer to 5000? Great thanks.

On my 09 manual it is said to do the inspection after 5000 miles or 6 months. I only use my lexus on weekends, so 6 months passed but my mileage is still far from 5000 miles. Shall I do the inspection now, or wait for my mileages to get closer to 5000? Great thanks.

I doubt that it's really "necessary" to do it before 5000 miles...opinions vary. Personally, I'd at least change the oil and filter if it's been 6 months since you bought it, and the oil hasn't been changed yet.

I doubt that it's really "necessary" to do it before 5000 miles...opinions vary. Personally, I'd at least change the oil and filter if it's been 6 months since you bought it, and the oil hasn't been changed yet.

I would agree ...If you purchased your RX from a dealer, they should do this for you at no charge. You should ask...

• 2 weeks later...
You should change the oil in a vehicle at the earlier of the mileage limit or the time limit. Even if you don't run the engine much, the oil will break down due to condensation. It is cheap insurance.

I would do the first oil change at 5,000 miles, even if the time limit gets stretched a bit. It seems Lexus uses special "breakin" oil as the factory fill.