Lowering And Spacers On The Gs460

Hi guys,

I'm not very pleased with the offset ( stance ) of the GS460 wheels. I was wondering if I could put 10 or 15 mm spacers to give it a more aggressive stance. I don't pla on installing springs, but might if I feel the car needs it after the spacers.

Any suggestions on the spacers and springs please?

Yeah, you can put spacers on it, I would go with atleast 15mm. I changed out my rims and went from the stock 50mm offsets to 38mm offsets and I think I could still use 10-15mm spacers on top of that.

I like Ichiba spacers. I've used H&R and few others. But in the dozen or so times I've spaced rims for people, the Ichibas seemed like a better quality and a perfect fit. BUt my opinion is that so long as your using hub centric spacers, any quality, well named and reputable aftermarket mfgr. will do the job just fine. I never advise going over 20 mm though. If you decide to go that much, then it's better to get new rims with more offset. Then "tune" the rims stance with spacers. Here's a link to Ichiba, but you can get them from most aftermarket shops you may have used in the past and trust. Ichiba spacers

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got thes spacers installed today and the car look aggressive.. but unfortunately I have serious shaking above 60mph.

I am willing to go 20mm all around, but is there a reliable brand out there that can make these spacers without getting the shaking? I'm gonna check the lugs again to make sure they are okay..

Yeah, that's what happens when you go that wide. I never recommend going over 20mm. 10-15mm is the sweet spot. If you like the look of the 25mm spacers, your just going to have to get new rims with less offset if you want to be able to keep the car in daily driver status. I'm pretty sure your going to have this vibration problem with any spacers this length and more.

Some pics of the car with 25mm's all around. I took them off today. Will I get shaking with 15mm's all around?

Can I keep the 25's at the rear and change the fronts? Alot of questions... and sorry for being a pain in the !Removed!!

post-98738-1255338255_thumb.jpg

post-98738-1255338284_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ran and operated a wheel and tire store for the last 7 Yrs. Spacers can cause major headaches...

Designo,You have a nice stable of cars, So I know $ isnt an issue. Alot of the Spacers Designed today, EIBACH, H&R, or the TCS sportline are all Race oriented. Though hub centric, Industry leaders will tell you spacers arent for daily driver use. (I'm not saying their not structually rigid enough, use em everyday if you like) but dont be suprised if you have different windows of vibration with all the spacers you use.

IF you want your brand new flagship, Luxury Sedan to ride like a dream, Dont cut any corners, and get some wheels with the correct offset, to fit your visual desires.

+35mm or such. You might want something closer to +30 in the rear.

Good luck. :D