Lexus Gods Don't Want Me To Sell! Help! Lol

OaksLexus

Ok, I have been trying to sell my 1999 Lexus ES300 for some time now, but every time I think I am about to put it up for sale... Something else goes wrong. I have replaced many parts, and I thought I was good to go, excluding my Fog lamps which are both out. I looked for the fuse, today and found it, but its fine, so it must be the bulbs.

However I am writing as there is a larger problem. I recently replaced my Battery as I found the old one, which was not that old, lost charge quick. Well now my new battery is also dead after sitting for 4 days. Something is draining the battery while the car is sitting in the drive way. Any ideas how to go about finding the culprate? Could it be my fog lamps? as the problem seems to me started the same time the fog lamps went out.

it is possible that your alternator is not charging the battery. ask mechanic to have it tested. if this is the problem then get camry one from j-yard and replace. pretty easy, took me 30min.

when you replaced your "old" battery did you have it checked at auto zone?

If you have a DVM that can measure DC current, you can disconnect the neg terminal of the battery and put the DVM inline with the battery. Measure the current draw with everything turned off. Normally a car will have app 20 to 60 ma draw (which is normal) anything more is cause for concern. If there is significanly larger draw, start removing fuses, one at a time, till you find the circuit with the excessive draw.

If the draw is not excessive, have them check the charging system