Adding Aftermarket Audio To Oem Headunit '98 Gs300

I have a 1998 GS300 with OEM nav and radio system (integrated controls for A/C and touchscreen lcd).

I want to put in some aftermarket amps and subs, but does someone know where I can tap in into the oem stereo? Do you know which wires (colors) are the speaker wires directly out of the radio, going to the factory amp behind the dash?

I want to divert to sound through a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty pre amp unit, but I'm not sure if it can handle the power (voltage) coming out of the amp... however I can't find the sound wires going into it....

the oem amp which I found behind the glove compartment seems to control the radio and cd changer output as well. However the sound coming from the headunit doesn't seem analog, but a digital feed.... is that correct? I can't find any info on this matter

any suggestions?

Here is a wiring diagram from ARRC for the nav/audio system in a 98 GS300.

I know nothing about doing what you want to do. I've seen several forum threads lately that document how people got rid of the OEM nav in a 98-00 GS by using an HVAC control module from a non-nav 98-05 GS and installed a double-DIN aftermarket screen based stereo/nav with all sorts of larger speakers and amps. I don't remember anyone trying to pump up the OEM 98-00 audio but it's probably been done.

1998_GS300_nav_audio_diag.pdf

Here is a wiring diagram from ARRC for the nav/audio system in a 98 GS300.

I know nothing about doing what you want to do. I've seen several forum threads lately that document how people got rid of the OEM nav in a 98-00 GS by using an HVAC control module from a non-nav 98-05 GS and installed a double-DIN aftermarket screen based stereo/nav with all sorts of larger speakers and amps. I don't remember anyone trying to pump up the OEM 98-00 audio but it's probably been done.

Hi Jim, that seems to be just the diagram I was looking for.... THANKS!!!