Where Is The Water Pump On A 1990 Ls 400 ?

90 LS400

If your under the car Right in front of the oil pan is a pulley , ones for the altenator..ones for the power steering, is the pulley that's right in front of the oil pan the water pump..I'm leaking anti-Freeze from right behind that pulley

Any suggestions ?

If your under the car Right in front of the oil pan is a pulley , ones for the altenator..ones for the power steering, is the pulley that's right in front of the oil pan the water pump..I'm leaking anti-Freeze from right behind that pulley

Any suggestions ?

ouch, brace yourself. Probably main seal on water pump so pump has to be replaced. Part isn't too expensive (<$200) but labor is brutal (might be $1000 or more depending where you go) as it is so buried in the assmebly progression.

If you can do it your self great. Many a reasonably priced indie can save you some labor $$$.

A Toyota tech I know changed the fan bracket bearing on mine (which was down to the water pump) for $125 labor.

I think that the coolant pump in the Lex is where most Japanese engine coolant pumps are, on the engine block behind the timing belt. Someone else might know for sure. If that's where it is the timing belt should also be changed while its out for the pump replacement unless it was very recently changed.

If you are leaking antizreeze, and cant see where the water pump is, I dont think you will be reparing it your self, so, take it to your favorite repair shop and ask for an estimate.

then tell us what they said and we can give you some intellegent direction on the matter.

cheers.

From what I can tell it's on the front of the engine behind the timing belt. Getting to it is quite a chore:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/timingbelt.html

You may be due for the TB as well;

If you are leaking antizreeze, and cant see where the water pump is, I dont think you will be reparing it your self, so, take it to your favorite repair shop and ask for an estimate.

then tell us what they said and we can give you some intellegent direction on the matter.

cheers.