Transponder Question

branshew

I have one master remote key and I need to get another key made. The dealer wants $300 for the key and programming. I haven't called around to local locksmith shops yet, but I would imagine that someone around here could program a new transponder key. My dad has an old transponder remote key from a car that he no longer has (same style/key length from a LS430). I wanted to know if I could get that transponder and remote programmed to my car (and put that remote/transponder unit in a new eBay shell w/ blank key). Thoughts?

Are you looking for a key for the 93 LS 400 in your profile? I know that the 93 ES is not programable, on the back of the key is a FCC ID HYQ---- number (or something very similar) this is the transponder code, you will need a replacement key with this code. Otherwise there is a company, (which I do not remember the name), that sells a replacement chip that goes into the Remote reciever, and new keys. I would suggest a search because I am sure that they are cheaper than the Lexus alternative.

Are you looking for a key for the 93 LS 400 in your profile?

No. I should have clarified. I thought that I had updated the profile previously.

I am looking for a replacement key for a 2002 ES300. I believe that the key is the same as the 2001 LS430 key that my dad has. I am wondering whether I can use the transponder/remote part and have it programmed to my car (and put it in a new eBay shell w/ a blank key to be cut to match).