Ticking Noise From Front While Driving...

ps6435

While driving around i can hear some kind of ticking noise from the front of the car it happens while i drive over a small bump or while turning... has anyone ever heard of this? im sorry if i cant explain it much better but thats all i know now...

• 4 weeks later...

i acctually have a 03 is 300 as well and i've heard this same thing. I recently did a brake job and looked over the suspension a bit and found no issues but i still hear the noise. It's not real loud or anything but definetly worries me. I work alot and haven't had time to take it into the shop but i will be soon. On a side note ... anyone figured out why we have a 0-80 mile per gallon gauge on our instrument cluster? damn car comes from factory with 18mpg 24 mpg on highway lol. Sorry i couldn't help you more but yah im having same wierd issue.

It's widely known that the ticking noise as described is the floating front brake calipers shifting under certain conditions. It is not a problem and all IS300's do it.

The 0 to 80 gizmo is supposed to be an "mpg at the moment" indicator. If you notice, it will be higher if coasting or gong downhill and lower when you are accelerating. It's pretty much useless, but it's there.