New Battery- No Lights

Mooga1120

93 ES300- battery died & had to be replaced. Installed new battery , and nothing. No dash lights, dome lights, chimes, nothing. Any suggestions? IF it was installed backwards (which my b/f will never admit) what should be checked/ replaced?

Also-driver door went haywire and is locked, cannot be unlocked inside the car or w/ the key-this happened before the battery.

Thanks

93 ES300- battery died & had to be replaced. Installed new battery , and nothing. No dash lights, dome lights, chimes, nothing. Any suggestions? IF it was installed backwards (which my b/f will never admit) what should be checked/ replaced?

Also-driver door went haywire and is locked, cannot be unlocked inside the car or w/ the key-this happened before the battery.

Thanks

;)TRY ANOTHER BATTERY

Thanks,

Also car needs a new oil pan gasket & the part is only $5, but the shop quoted me $350 for labor. Is this right?

yes. as high as it is that's about two and a half hours worth of labor. Ask a toyota dealership and several independents shops in your area what they would charge, it will most likely be less. You can buy the part and bring it with you.

steviej