New Rx. Dealer Question.

I just put a deposit on 2010 RX 350. Finally! However, I got it from a dealer far far away, not my local dealer. Price, of course.

My question is this: There is no doubt I will be servicing my vehicle at my local dealer. Do they give you a hard time if they find out that it was not purchased locally? Or, is there a way for them to find out at all? I know a lot of dealers put their names in the back, but I doubt Lexus does that.

Just curious.

Thanks,

I just put a deposit on 2010 RX 350. Finally! However, I got it from a dealer far far away, not my local dealer. Price, of course.

My question is this: There is no doubt I will be servicing my vehicle at my local dealer. Do they give you a hard time if they find out that it was not purchased locally? Or, is there a way for them to find out at all? I know a lot of dealers put their names in the back, but I doubt Lexus does that.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Your VIN number is in every dealers computer, however I have found that the sevice department in every dealership will treat you the same. :)

The Lexus dealers know if you purchased the vehicle at their dealership but there is no reason they should give you a hard time when taking it in for service. I have been buying my Lexus cars from one dealer that is farther and have them serviced at a Lexus dealer that is closer. I didn't buy from the close Lexus dealer because of cost, selection, and frankly their sales approach is horrible.