90 Vs 91 Steering Knuckle/hub Assembly/bearing Question

waf102

Sounds like my left front wheel bearing is starting to squeal intermittently (when I start it up and start driving, reverse, turn towards the left, etc...).

No steering pull yet...and it the car still rolls well. (I was expecting this as I was told during my state inspection, back in March, that I would have to take care of this by the end of summer along with brakes.

1) How dangerous is it right now? Normally, I don't drive every day...I drive a couple of hundred miles once or twice a month...plus a couple of weekend trips to the store.

2) I am moving (twice) and will be starting a new job in a new area...6 hours away. Can I put this off until the end of September? Should be well less than 2000 miles.

3) I am temporarily broke. Can I save money buy buying a used steering knucle assembly with axle, bearing, and sensor? I see some online for 50-100. I figure this may save me a lot on labor...

4) I have found one listed for a 91-92. Will this work for a 90? Is the fact that there was a two piston caliper on the 91-92's make it different from the 90?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=180348410154

5) Does any one have any suggestion for good vendors of used parts? Anyone out there parting-out a 1990 ls 400???

6) Any other questions/comments/opinions???

Thanks in advance