Factor Service Manuals, Where To Buy.

I tried to replace my right rear glass ( consequence of theft) and got 99% of the way and ended up paying $100 for one more screw to be removed. If I had had a service manual this job would have been so much faster and cheaper.

Now I need to trouble shoot the left rear speaker and window power.

The window switch is not getting power on the pin that allows the switch in the door to raise and lower the window, the master switch on the drivers door does work.

The speaker also is not getting audio, the speaker works, I tried it on the other side.

The rear woofer doesn't work either but I'm not going to fix that until I find a leak in the trunk that I suspect damaged the speaker.

This site has what I think I am looking for http://www.books4cars.com/ and the price is $129, which seems fair but I'm not sure this is the right manual.

This is a nearly perfect car. I hope to keep it another 10 years but that will mean fixing some of these smaller problems my self.

Having bought two different sets of official Lexus repair manuals for two different Lexus cars, I can tell you that the manuals often do not have detailed information on how to remove and install parts. I'm guessing that it is assumed that the reader has a fairly high level of knowledge about how cars are held together. Surprisingly, the manuals sometimes don't provide enough information even to know where a part is located ... e.g. under the dash or in the engine compartment. You might want to inspect the manuals before you make a purchase to verify that they are adequate.

Even though the official Lexus manuals generally suck, they are still better than nothing.

You can sometimes find hard copy Lexus manuals on eBay. I've heard mainly dissatisfaction with the eBay manuals on CD.

The following website can be helpful in seeing how parts are installed: http://www.toyodiy.com/