Volume Adjustment For Bluetooth

Ragtop Girl

2005 SC430 - I've read several posts about other models having adjustments to the bluetooth volume and I can't figure it out on mine. When I use my phone (blackberry storm) everyone complains they can't hear me. I can get to the service menu by going to volume, then upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left, but still can't figure it out.

I found this in another post and it got me to the screen. I live in a weird area and my phone won't work at home so I can't try it out - but at least I found the screen.

Transmission in "Park." (Brake not required)

Turn key to "ACC." (Accessory mode) (Did not try in "ON" or with the engine running, might work.)

The nav screen needs to be open.

Press the "DISP" button under the nav screen.

Just inside the inset border, where the screen underneath is showing through, press the upper left and lower left corners six times: UL, LL, UL, LL, UL, LL. (Don't press the upper left and lower left corners of the SCREEN -- press farther in, inside the corners of the inset rectangle.)

A service menu will appear.

Press the green "MENU" button. A higher level menu appears.

Press the "BT Voice Quality Set" button.

Next to the "Send Voice Lv," use the "<" and ">" buttons to adjust the level down or up. Your initial level is probably 0, like mine was. I raised mine all the way to +5, apparently the maximum.

There is also an adjustment for the receiving (incoming) volume.

(You can only test the results later, when making a call.)

Press the green "MENU" button to go back to the higher menu.

If you want to make sure your setting was saved, you can press the "BT Voice Quality Set" button again. The numbers should be the same.

Turn your key to "LOCK." (This is the only obvious way I saw to get out of the service menu.)

You are done, and can try making calls.

I don't what the "voice profile" and associated numeric keypad entries do. Mine came set at 6. When I tried re-entering 6 on the numeric keypad, it returned the microphone and speaker volumes to 0.

I found this in another post and it got me to the screen. I live in a weird area and my phone won't work at home so I can't try it out - but at least I found the screen.

Transmission in "Park." (Brake not required)

Turn key to "ACC." (Accessory mode) (Did not try in "ON" or with the engine running, might work.)

The nav screen needs to be open.

Press the "DISP" button under the nav screen.

Just inside the inset border, where the screen underneath is showing through, press the upper left and lower left corners six times: UL, LL, UL, LL, UL, LL. (Don't press the upper left and lower left corners of the SCREEN -- press farther in, inside the corners of the inset rectangle.)

A service menu will appear.

Press the green "MENU" button. A higher level menu appears.

Press the "BT Voice Quality Set" button.

Next to the "Send Voice Lv," use the "<" and ">" buttons to adjust the level down or up. Your initial level is probably 0, like mine was. I raised mine all the way to +5, apparently the maximum.

There is also an adjustment for the receiving (incoming) volume.

(You can only test the results later, when making a call.)

Press the green "MENU" button to go back to the higher menu.

If you want to make sure your setting was saved, you can press the "BT Voice Quality Set" button again. The numbers should be the same.

Turn your key to "LOCK." (This is the only obvious way I saw to get out of the service menu.)

You are done, and can try making calls.

I don't what the "voice profile" and associated numeric keypad entries do. Mine came set at 6. When I tried re-entering 6 on the numeric keypad, it returned the microphone and speaker volumes to 0.