Can't Get The Tire Sensors To Program Grrr!

Hey guys. I installed new rims/tires on my Rx400h (same as 04-09 Rx330/350) and purchased lexus tire sensors for them as well.

Well, i tried to figure out how to program them via the manual, but i don't understand it at all. Apparently there are two buttons, one under the steering column and one under the glove box.

In the manual it states "have new sensors registered by the dealer" but then on the next page it states "how to register new sensors", so i am assuming i don't need to take it to the dealer.

Every time i think i figured it out, the lights on the dash go out, then 20mins later, come right back on.

Does anyone understand the directions? Has anyone registered new sensors before and know how to do it? Thanks

Hey guys. I installed new rims/tires on my Rx400h (same as 04-09 Rx330/350) and purchased lexus tire sensors for them as well.

Well, i tried to figure out how to program them via the manual, but i don't understand it at all. Apparently there are two buttons, one under the steering column and one under the glove box.

In the manual it states "have new sensors registered by the dealer" but then on the next page it states "how to register new sensors", so i am assuming i don't need to take it to the dealer.

Every time i think i figured it out, the lights on the dash go out, then 20mins later, come right back on.

Does anyone understand the directions? Has anyone registered new sensors before and know how to do it? Thanks

I haven't read the manual in quite a while, and I have a RX350 - but it seemed to me there were two steps: one for 'registering' the sensors, the other for setting the warning at (or slightly below) the pressure at which the ties were at the moment of the setting. (?)

Do you want me to check my maual and see if I can figure it out?

Yeah, there are two steps like you said. The two buttons do two different things apparently... pg 348 in the rx400h manual.

I went to the dealer today to ask if they could help clear things up, and they did...

You can have 5 sensors programmed at one single time (4 tires plus the spare). BUT, you can program into the car's computer an additional set, let's say if you had another set of tires used for summer use.

The factory set is already programmed as set 1, called "main".

But if you want to add another set of sensors (like for summer tires), you can program into the car another set of 5 sensors. This set would be called "set 2".

The button under the glovebox toggles between set "1" and set "2" of sensors. If you have the factory set on the car, you can set it to "main". If you have your second set on the car, you can set it to "set 2".

The button under the steering wheel column is just a "reset" button. I think this is for when/if you change the tire pressure for summer or winter use.

So apparently, the only way to program another set of tires (this set 2) is to have the dealer do it, adding it to the car's computer using a scanner or something. They said there'd be a "charge" but i didn't even want to ask how much. I mad an appt for Wednesday at 1pm to have them do it. They said it would take about an hour.

If anyone can figure out how to program these suckers before Wednesday, please let me know :) I'm not sure if they're just not telling me the truth.