Gas Cap Door Went Limp, Whats Wrong?

PK_3

Pathetic question but apparently the spring mechanism that allows the gas cap door to pop ajar when the lever is pulled and make it snap shut with a little push is not working. The cable works fine you just need 2 people, one to pull the lever and one to pull the door open.

I looked in the door an see what must be a spring mechanism near the hinge. there nothing obviously amiss but I can't figure how it's supposed to work so I wouldn't know. Is this a common problem? simple fix? Ideas??

Thanks PK

Jeff,

I am having the same problem with the door to my gas cap on my IS 300. Can you kindly either email the document explaining how to correct this problem or point me to where I can find the information on the web?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don

Jeff,

I am having the same problem with the door to my gas cap on my IS 300. Can you kindly either email the document explaining how to correct this problem or point me to where I can find the information on the web?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Don

Don,

No problem, I just need your email address. And I get that to you asap.

Thanks

Jeff

You can email me your address at Jeffstpetebeach@gmail.com

PK, I cant upload the file to the forum. its only allows 2 mb. the file is 3mb. You can email me and Ill send it to you.

Thanks

jeff

Jeff Great, no problem, check your pm.

Thanks much, PK

The good news is there is a little spring piece, and yes it falls onto the ground. My lexus stealership had the part, was like under $5. Once you get the part it is obvious where it goes.....

The good news is there is a little spring piece, and yes it falls onto the ground. My lexus stealership had the part, was like under $5. Once you get the part it is obvious where it goes.....

Thanks, Who'd thunk.

Jeff sent me a page from the the manual and there it was, in all it's little glory. .

Regards, PK