How To Install New Distributor Caps And Rotors?

mnesbit

I have a 95 lexus ls 400. I purchased new distributors caps and distributor rotors for it. In my reading, one mechanical self help guru has said that I need to take out the radiator and rad hose to get good access to the the 2 distributors.

Do you guys think tht it is necessary to remove the radiator to do this install?

Thanks, Mike

I have a 95 lexus ls 400. I purchased new distributors caps and distributor rotors for it. In my reading, one mechanical self help guru has said that I need to take out the radiator and rad hose to get good access to the the 2 distributors.

Do you guys think tht it is necessary to remove the radiator to do this install?

Thanks, Mike

Does the same mechanical self help guru also suggest taking the tires off the rims when replacing brake pads :lol:

All of the operation is performed from above,there is a fair amount of dismantling to get to them but nothing too serious.

I would also consider replacing the spark plug wires and plugs at the same time as it is easier than a second strip down later and the old wires are probably past their useful life if original and may be damaged on removal from the distributor caps.

Thanks, Mike

Does the same mechanical self help guru also suggest taking the tires off the rims when replacing brake pads :lol:

All of the operation is performed from above,there is a fair amount of dismantling to get to them but nothing too serious.

I would also consider replacing the spark plug wires and plugs at the same time as it is easier than a second strip down later and the old wires are probably past their useful life if original and may be damaged on removal from the distributor caps.

Ditto. it is quite time consuming taking the covers off. and it can be certaintly tricky getting them back on due to the years of heat distorting the covers - at least for some of us im sure.