Foglight Hid's

Hi everyone. As of now in my 93 SC400 i have converted the cornering lights into fog lights. they are hard wired to the parking lights. anyways, right now i had cheap little LED bulbs in there.

My Problems with these: They are not nearly as bright as the old halogens

The white is like almost a fake blueish so it looks crappy and cheesey next to the orange side markers.

The are CHEAP and the parking lights inside the headlights looked ok, but those burnt out, and now the foglight mods are flickering which means they are on their way out...

NOW.. i want so bad to put 8k HID foglights in there. the problem? i can't seem to find bulb number 1156 HID conversion kits...it looks like they only have headlight sizes such as 9005, 9006, and so on...if i buy a kit like this, where will the ballast connect to? what factory power source is there to plug the HID into? and most importantly the bulb won't fit i would have to make some sort of custom houseing??? i just wish there was some easy way to look for and buy 1156 HID kits...

help me please hah

thank you very much

I may be wrong but aren't the foglight housings from the 1994 SC400 interchangable with the cornering light housings from the 1993 SC400?

The foglight housings from the 94 SC uses an H3 Halogen bulb. Whether HID bulbs would work well in the 94 SC foglight housings is another story. Also, you would have to have a fog light switch in your car's interior to switch the fog lights and and off -- you shouldn't go driving around all the time with fog lights on. Does your 93 SC already have a foglight switch on the headlight stalk? HID's in the foglights could blind other drivers too although 8000K HID bulbs aren't going to put out as much light as lower K bulbs. Putting HID bulbs in light housings not made for them can throw light all over the place and put little light on the road ... I've seen some really pathetic HID kit installs that only blind other drivers.

Good HID kits -- if there is any such thing as a good HID kit -- power the ballasts directly from the battery ... i.e. there is probably a terminal on your underhood fuse box the power wire from the ballasts could be attached to. A relay is used to connect the HID kit to the wire running to the foglight switch in the car interior so that the lights can be turned on and off.

Have you looked on the forums to see if anyone has put HID bulbs in a 94-up SC foglight housing. You might be wasting your time and money doing it.