Maintenance Light On Gs430 2006

Hi guys,

How do I turn off the maintenance required light on GS430 2006? Help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Is this the Check Engine Light or the Oil Maint. Required Soon light?

If it is the oil light,

DON'T step on the brake.

now, open the accessory control panel door. Make sure you odometer is displaying total miles (not trip A or B ).

press and hold the reset button. Simultaneously press the engine start key two times (DO NOT have your foot on the brake as you do not want to start the car). You will see the words Oil Maint. Reset. Keep you finger on the reset button until these words go away. Then take your finger off the button and press the engine start button one more time to put the ignition in the off position.

Now start the car like you would to see if you reset was successful.

steviej

Thank you very much!

It worked! save me a trip to the dealer! Very much appreciated

Hi guys,

How do I turn off the maintenance required light on GS430 2006? Help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Is this the Check Engine Light or the Oil Maint. Required Soon light?

If it is the oil light,

DON'T step on the brake.

now, open the accessory control panel door. Make sure you odometer is displaying total miles (not trip A or B ).

press and hold the reset button. Simultaneously press the engine start key two times (DO NOT have your foot on the brake as you do not want to start the car). You will see the words Oil Maint. Reset. Keep you finger on the reset button until these words go away. Then take your finger off the button and press the engine start button one more time to put the ignition in the off position.

Now start the car like you would to see if you reset was successful.

steviej