94 Lexus Ls 400 Brake Light Flickers

Larry W

The other day the BRAKE light came on at a traffic light. I accelerated and the light went off. I had the brakes checked only a few thousand miles ago and the pads were OK.

Light came on again today and then went off again as I was driving. Its not on constantly, just once in a while. I drive about 250 miles a week so it a little concerning. Any thoughts? Sensor wire perhaps? Does my 94 have sensors on all (4) wheels? If not..which ones? Thanks in advance. You guys are great when it comes to diagnosing problems.

No trips to the dealer is just fine with me.

• Like 1

This happens to me quite often. I change my rotors and pads on my 94 when needed. But I disconnected the brake pad sensors a long time ago-I think I'm smart enough to know when the pads are worn down. But every now and then, the little light comes on. Maybe one of the wires is getting grounded-I have not a clue. But I don't care, the brakes are perfect.

Best of luck.

there are 2 "brake" lights.

one is the parking brake light, if this randomly comes on while driving, 99% of the time it's due to the brake fluid reservoir being low or the sensor inside it (float) being stuck.

the other is the brake WEAR light, it only turns on for one reason, take a guess what it is.

pull up on the parking brake pedal as you hold the release out. it is not uncommon to have the light flicker when the pedal slightly hangs.

Thanks. I did check the pedal to see if it was hanging. It was just a little low on fluid. Thanks again for the assistance.