Attempted The Brake Pad Tsb Yesterday

i took my IS350 in for an oil change, etc and mentioned the brake dust...the dealer said they would check my VIN against the TSB, etc. no big deal...i already looked it up and knew it qualified. when i went back to pick up the car, the service adviser told me "lexus stopped installing the replacement pads due to extremely poor braking performance."

nice. obviously they just don't want to do the work. he further tried to justify it and said "your car does qualify, but it wouldn't be safe...just keep checking back at each oil change to see if lexus will replace them". riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

i guess i'll just call corporate and get an official comment from them. there are no other dealers close enough for me to easily drive to for this. sigh.

note: my 07 has <5k miles.

why not talk to the dealer gm 1st?

didn't see a need to bother with that...i'd rather have the official stance from where it matters first, then talk with the dealer having that info. why let them backtrack? if they would have been honest to begin with, it wouldn't have been an issue. it's business...i'm not there to be their friend or hope they change their story. ;)

regardless, i already called lexus customer support and they were extremely helpful...just waiting for them to give me a final update. they immediately said it was ridiculous for a dealer to say they wouldn't do it due to a "safety issue".

yeah, it was unexpected since they perform EXCELLENT service whenever i go there...it's like you are royalty. very surprised. i am never confrontational and am always polite when dealing with people, especially in this type of situation. i also told corporate i was not complaining about the quality of anything they have done...i just want it handled appropriately. heck, i take DONUTS in for the service guys now and then when i show up for maintenance!

lol...you can have the strawberry ones...i prefer chocolate. :)

so corporate said the dealer was definitely in the wrong and was happy to use this as an "education opportunity" for that dealership's staff. i will be having the work done at another dealer in the coming weeks.