Slotted/cross Drilled Rotors '06 Gs 430

I have an '06 GS 430 and am looking to get some after market rotors. Really looking to get something that will look good as a back drop to my after market wheels. So, something in a cross drilled/dimple design in chrome/silver is what i am looking for. Just wondering if there are any other GS owners who have bought and installed some after market rotors on thier ride who could reccomend a good looking and functional product.

post-90840-1248149050_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Wow, no replys, awesome. anyway, i went with brake performace and got the rotors i wanted. I also upgraded to the akebono brake pads and they are silent with no brake dust.

I wouldnt have recommanded the cross/slotted drilled rotors.... your basically sacrificing performance and most importantly SAFETY for appearance. these rotors haven been known to crack, due to the holes and slots and since they become hot and cold too quickly....therefore there is a possibility that you could lose braking ability which would leave you with 2 options hit the dude from behind or hit that pole!! hopefully that doesnt happen...anyways if these rotors were "SO GOOD" im pretty sure Formula 1 and Nascar would gotten some too!

Wow, no replys, awesome. anyway, i went with brake performace and got the rotors i wanted. I also upgraded to the akebono brake pads and they are silent with no brake dust.

I wouldnt have recommanded the cross/slotted drilled rotors.... your basically sacrificing performance and most importantly SAFETY for appearance. these rotors haven been known to crack, due to the holes and slots and since they become hot and cold too quickly....therefore there is a possibility that you could lose braking ability which would leave you with 2 options hit the dude from behind or hit that pole!! hopefully that doesnt happen...anyways if these rotors were "SO GOOD" im pretty sure Formula 1 and Nascar would gotten some too!

Well, i guess if all 4 rotors cracked and disintegrated at the same time, thus rendering all 4 of my braking points to fail, then maybe your scenario above would come true. I'll telll you this though, the after market rotors i have on my vehicle now are much thicker and better built than the OEM rotors. So my new rotors are less likely to warp and they will last longer. Now, in general terms, while i agree that the benefits of the cross drilled pattern arguably may not outweigh their weaknesses, the slotted pattern is a proven upgrade to normal rotors for day to day driving. As for NASCAR and Formula 1 not using the slotted/cross drilled pattern, you have to understand that those guys run thier brakes at a much hotter point than do normal day to day drivers. Going from 220 mph down to 70 mph is going to put alot more stress on your brakes than normal day to dy driving. So the heat for which normal day to day rotors are rated will never reach thier full potential. Anyway, thanks for your post and happy driving in your 300.