*bluetooth And Gargage Open Issues*

My dad got an 08 LS460 but his cell phone data does not transfer into the car (phone contact ). I tried just about everything i can read off the manual.

Second probem, we have two garage doors and i was only able to program one but the other does not sync. I tried programming using the "rolling garage" method but it didnt work either.

Advise is greatly appreciated.

My dad got an 08 LS460 but his cell phone data does not transfer into the car (phone contact ). I tried just about everything i can read off the manual.

Look up your phone using the following web page and follow the instructions: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/product...=1&model=LS Some Bluetooth phones have limited compatibility with the Lexus Bluetooth system.

Second probem, we have two garage doors and i was only able to program one but the other does not sync. I tried programming using the "rolling garage" method but it didnt work either.

Are both garage door openers the same exact model? If not, be sure that the second garage door opener is Homelink compatible. It is sometimes necessary to consult the garage door opener owners manual or the opener manufacturer's website for instructions. Programming the remote buttons for most garage door openers requires pressing a button on the garage door opener motor housing.

If all fails, give it a few more tries ... timing is everything when it comes to programming the Lexus remote buttons. It's sometimes taken me more than one try.

Sharkey46,

When you attempt to transfer the phone data do you get a message on the screen? Does it say "transferring"? If it does then you will have to check you phone setting and see if there's a setting for transferring data. I know I have this feature on my Blackberry and when I did it the first time I had to scroll around and press "allow transfer". I was only able to transfer personal contacts. The business contacts I had to manual input the names into the Nav phonebook. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

The HomeLink buttons inside your Lexus must first be initialized in order to be recognized by the rolling code receiver. But before you do so, you have to clear the HomeLink transmitter buttons in your Lexus by holding down the outside 2 buttons until the light above Button #2 flashes quickly. Then you can initialize each HomeLink button. Follow these steps:

1. Open your garage door and then unplug all of your garage door opener motors.

2. Next, get the remote control transmitter that came with the garage door opener #1 and go sit in your Lexus.

3. Hold the remote control transmitter next to the HomeLink button you want to initialize and press them both until the HomeLink light above the middle button flashes quickly (about 10 seconds). Release both buttons.

4. Plug the garage door opener #1 motor back in.

5. Open the panel on your garage door opener #1 motor housing and press the red (usually) "send" button to send the rolling code to the car.

6. HURRY! Get back in your car and within 10 seconds press the HomeLink button you just initialized and hold it until the light bulb(s) in the garage door motor #1 housing flash off and on. Release that HomeLink button and then press it again (for 2-3 seconds). It should work to open and close your garage door. (If not, try repeating the above steps for Button #2 and Button #3.)

7. Repeat the above steps for the other 2 buttons to program them to work with another garage door opener #2 or a remote control gate #3.