Cpo = Oem Wheels & Tires?

Hi,

Picked up my CPO '07 LS460L yesterday. Upon inspection there are General's Exclaim tires on the car. Did a quick search and discover Exclaim tires are summer tires and not all seasons. Called dealer he guessed they may have been put on by previous owner. I on the other hand suspect that the service department had them handy and slapped them on. Dealer assured me that the rims are OEM rims. BUT, the service department has four slightly used, "almost brand new" Michelin's Pilots for sale, $600. balance and mounted. Ummm... When purchasing a CPO vehicle do wheels and tires have to be OEM to qualify as CPO?

Why is purchasing a vehicle such a stressful and trying experience? :angry:

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

Hi,

Picked up my CPO '07 LS460L yesterday. Upon inspection there are General's Exclaim tires on the car. Did a quick search and discover Exclaim tires are summer tires and not all seasons. Called dealer he guessed they may have been put on by previous owner. I on the other hand suspect that the service department had them handy and slapped them on. Dealer assured me that the rims are OEM rims. BUT, the service department has four slightly used, "almost brand new" Michelin's Pilots for sale, $600. balance and mounted. Ummm... When purchasing a CPO vehicle do wheels and tires have to be OEM to qualify as CPO?

Why is purchasing a vehicle such a stressful and trying experience? :angry:

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

Normally the wheels are OEM on a CPO vehicle & have to be in good shape......as for the tires, they have to meet a certain tread depth minimum & condition only I would imagine, not a certain brand or performance category (IE all season, summer etc). Some of the LS models were equipped with either summer or all season rubber as factory equipment. That would have been something to look at more closely before you purchased the car or during the negotiating phase.

Are all 4 tires the same at least & based on the brand you mentioned, I assume they are the 235 50 18 size?

If you can post pics of the car, it's easy to tell if your wheels are OEM.

:cheers:

Hi Lexusfreak,

Thanks for your reply. I worked out a deal with the dealer. I am going to swap the General's Exclaim UHP (summer tires) for "slightly used" five Michelins MXM4 (all seasons). I was told that one tire is new and the others four has 9/32 center grooves and 6/32 on the edge. I get to keep the General's. Never dawn on me to look at the tires before I purchased the vehicle. Another lesson learned. The wheels are OEM. They have the "L" on them and they are eight spokes. I will try to post a picture tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.