Side Mirror Issue Followup And Oem Parts

Dwagner

I have posted earlier this week re: a driver side mirror issue on a 2003 lx470 I was having. The one tip re: jiggling until it stopped seemed to work best. But still have to do every time i start car. Took to dealer and was told that essentially that mirror can never be fixed the answer is new mirror assembly. Which he would graciously sell me for $775 + labor. I declined and called another dealer who had same part for $140 less. So i will call a few more as well.

Anyone have recommendations or warning about online OEM parts guys for Lexus?

Here is the TSB copy of the problem if you need them.

it is not this problem.. the entire mirror motor is rotating..this tsb is for the mirror angling down during reverse but not coming back up when in drive..it works fine for that stufff.

However , thank you very much as this TSB does answer how to get mirror off...dealer claimed they can not come off with out breaking the mirror..welll maybe i should be working there because i read these instructions and in about 2 minutes had mirror off unbroken. Does anyone have pride in knowing their job any more????

I hate auto repair!!!!

• 4 weeks later...