Need Radio Code

Replaced a dead battery and forgot code for radio, tried 10 times and now I am locked out with HELP on the diplay. Is the Lexus dealer my only option for getting this code? They want 1/2 hour labor ($76 in my area) to get it.

This is a bummer for my '92 ES300...

Radio worked great and prefere not to get it replaced but its six of one or half a dozen for another....

Options please...

The code should be recorded in the owners manual. If you don't have it, I would suggest that you pull the radio from the dash yourself to get to the radio's serial number on its label. Once you have it, just go to the dealer and ask them to look it up for you, and save the labour charge.

Pulling the radio is not rocket science. If you can't figure out how to go about it, go online to "carstereohelp.com". They have step by step instructions on how to do it with pictures. Look at the list of makes down the left side of their homepage for LEXUS. Click on it and search for your model and year. It couldn't be any easier, and their site is free. Good Luck!

The code should be recorded in the owners manual. If you don't have it, I would suggest that you pull the radio from the dash yourself to get to the radio's serial number on its label. Once you have it, just go to the dealer and ask them to look it up for you, and save the labour charge.

The radio security code is not recorded in the owners manual -- only if you or a previous owner wrote it there which is unlikely. I once set the security code on the radio in my 90 LS and I sure didn't write it in the owners manual where someone stealing the car or radio could find it.

A Lexus dealer can not look up the radio security code based on the radio's serial number. The radios that have the security code feature came from the factory unset and the owner, if he decided to use the feature, picked the security code.

$76 sounds like a reasonable price to address the issue.