Do You Think 07-09 Es350 Steering Wheel+ Airbag Fit On 04-09 Rx?

cduluk

hey guys. Anyone think the steering wheel+airbag from the 07-09 ES will fit and work on the 04-09 Rx's?

There are two airbag plugs for the rx

Everything minus the buttons on the wheels etc...

Should work, don't see why not. Not so sure about the radio controls...

One thing to think about, the vinyl on the airbag cover has a very different texture on the ES350 than you have on your RX. It wouldn't look right IMHO...

SW, thanks for pointing that out! You're right, the texture is indeed different. The 06-07 GS's however have the same texture as the Rx's, and i'm pretty sure the wheels would also fit since the "frames" are the same.

Steering wheel+airbag for the 06-07 GS's:

25812590.jpg

Here's the 08 Rx400h wheel+airbag:

37870957.jpg

I really like the radio control buttons etc of the GS's better than the Rx's. All the controls are, are momentary switches. I would just take the boxes apart and wire them on the RX plugs, shouldn't be very hard... The GS buttons even match the RXh buttons too!

My biggest and only worry is the airbag during an accident. Even if both airbags have two plugs, would it necessarily mean they'd both deploy the same?

Actually the buttons on the 06-07 wheel are not momentary switches, they are rocker switches just like on your RX...

My gut reaction would be the airbags would work. However...the only way to know for sure, and to be sure the bags and the inflation system aren't specific for each vehicle, the driver placement, and the cabin, is to leave the OEM one in there...