Fried Disc Changer

amberslx

Hey guys. I'm looking for a replacement for my disk changer (2001 LX470). I have the ML system (Nav) and my current changer fried internally. I took it apart and it is crispy. (actually kind of scary). Need suggestions please. Is there an after market changer?? that someone is familiar with??

thanks for the help.

Hey guys. I'm looking for a replacement for my disk changer (2001 LX470). I have the ML system (Nav) and my current changer fried internally. I took it apart and it is crispy. (actually kind of scary). Need suggestions please. Is there an after market changer?? that someone is familiar with??

thanks for the help.

If you want a factory replacement let me know, I may just have one or two B)

• 3 months later...
I have a replacement changer, Leave yopur Email if still interested.

I am also looking for an OEM CD/DVD Changer. I have a 2002 LX470 with stock (not ML) CD/DVD Changer. I may have damaged the unit trying to locate video out to connect to rear aftermarket video player. It does not recognize cd or dvd discs in positions 1-3 (grayed out), only 4-6. There is no activity when pressing any of 4-6 buttons on-screen. The OEM unit is a Pioneer XDV-M8106. Pioneer (800-pioneer) wants $175 for repair.

Note: All other electronics ( including Nav system) are still working properly.

Thanks for your help.

I am also looking for an OEM CD/DVD Changer. I have a 2002 LX470 with stock (not ML) CD/DVD Changer. I may have damaged the unit trying to locate video out to connect to rear aftermarket video player. It does not recognize cd or dvd discs in positions 1-3 (grayed out), only 4-6. There is no activity when pressing any of 4-6 buttons on-screen. The OEM unit is a Pioneer XDV-M8106. Pioneer (800-pioneer) wants $175 for repair.

Thanks for your help.

Will see if I have one for you.

Thanks for your help.

Will see if I have one for you.

I was able to get my DVD changer working again. It appeared to be a mechanical issue where disc #1 was not being read since the disc holder was not being mechanically accessed properly. I purchased the LX470 at the end of August, changer was working, then stopped working within a few days. The changer hadn't been used prior to that for quite some time (>6 months). I think it had lost lubrication causing the movement of the disc holder to behave erratically. I was able to move the holder while holding the dvd door sensor closed.

Anyway, thanks for the offer of the OEM unit. Hopefully, the one I have will continue to operate.

• 1 year later...

Hi, my name is James and I just saw this old post and wondered if you stil have any XDV-M8106 units available or know where I can locate one and for what price? My e-mail address is jnisbet1@yahoo.com...looking forward to hearing back from you , Thanks J!