Brake Pad Sizes

So, I just received my parts over the weekend to do some servicing on my car. Part of my list of new parts includes new rear rotors and rear pads. I opened up the box, and found the rear pads to be much smaller than I've seen on any other car (mainly my old LS and my 4runner). The pads I'm use to seeing are arched rectangular in shape (like the fronts). The ones they sent me are small squares. Is this correct? I haven't had time to look at the brakes themselves yet, and won't for another month or so.

Also, are they're not supposed to be anti squeal shims on the back of the pads on the GS? I ask, because the back of these pads are divoted, not smooth and flat, like the others I've used for the other cars. On those, a black rubberized piece of metal clips on the back that prevents any noise from braking.

I only use oem parts, and these came out of a Lexus dealership in Tampa, via parts.com.

Thanks!

Thanks DC! I was surprised at how small the pads were, and thought they had made a mistake. I'm still surprised actually, that a GS would have such a small brake bad surface, especially one with the V8 engine. But, if it works, then I guess it works! I also noticed how small the rotor surface is too for the rear wheels. I figured if the LS had the big pads on both the front and rear, the GS, a car designed to be driven harder in general, would too. Hmmmm...something different...I like it!

I also noticed how meater the lower ball joints are on these cars then the other two experiences I've had. They're about the size of the 4runner, which is a monsterously over build beast in that regard. The parts on that thing, are freakishly overly big and tough.