Brand New Is 250 C - Component Problem Right Away

I just picked up my new IS 250C yesterday and it's beautiful. Red with black interior and really nice to drive. On the way home I got on the freeway and one of the first things I noticed was when I got near an on ramp or off ramp, the NAV system said "Calculating" and a display of the EXIT appeared on the right. That is where the display froze. No data appeared when the word "Calculating" was on the screen. Also, when I touched the MAP, CLIMATE, INFO, AUDIO buttons, nothing worked. I couldn't change the radio station.

Once I got off the freeway, everything went back to normal. I only have 67 miles on the car! I guess it's a trip to the Lexus dealer later today or tomorrow.

That sucks!

Probably just a load glitch with the Nav disc. Did you and the salesperson sit in the parking lot and hit a bunch of buttons and settings and menus options together first?

Probably just a load glitch with the Nav disc. Did you and the salesperson sit in the parking lot and hit a bunch of buttons and settings and menus options together first?

I was under the impression that there is no nav disc in the 2010 model. I thought it is now hard drive driven. I'll find out later today at the dealership. I went over all the functions with the salesman yesterday and in the lot, everything worked perfect (isn't that always the case?)

I just picked up my new IS 250C yesterday and it's beautiful. Red with black interior and really nice to drive. On the way home I got on the freeway and one of the first things I noticed was when I got near an on ramp or off ramp, the NAV system said "Calculating" and a display of the EXIT appeared on the right. That is where the display froze. No data appeared when the word "Calculating" was on the screen. Also, when I touched the MAP, CLIMATE, INFO, AUDIO buttons, nothing worked. I couldn't change the radio station.

Once I got off the freeway, everything went back to normal. I only have 67 miles on the car! I guess it's a trip to the Lexus dealer later today or tomorrow.

That sucks!

UPDATE - I made an appointment to get the car checked on Friday 6-26 but in the morning when driving to work, the system corrected itself. No more freezing up. The dealer suggested bringing in the car because they spoke with the Lexus GODs and thought the computer needed to reboot. I did bring in the car and they disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. After connecting the battery back, the hard drive rebooted when the car was started. No personal settings were lost.

Everything is working great now. It should - It's a LEXUS! Just love the car.