Brake Pads?

drmull

Hello -

I need to do front & rear pads on my '99.

What brand of pad should I look for (I'm assuming ceramic) and what is a good online source for them? I'm sure somebody out there has bought some!

Are there equivalent Toyota OEM parts?

Thanks!

Hello -

I need to do front & rear pads on my '99.

What brand of pad should I look for (I'm assuming ceramic) and what is a good online source for them? I'm sure somebody out there has bought some!

Are there equivalent Toyota OEM parts?

Thanks!

Were you happy with the performance and service from your original pads? Many like Akebono as they are purported to be the Toyota OEM supplier. Over the years I have tried various pads, sometimes to save a few bucks and sometimes to get better braking performance. I was always happier with good ole Toyota pads. Buy them from an on-line discounter and you will find that you don't save much money by buying anything but Toyota. Most here will disagree with me, but I have never found a pad that performed (braking, rotor life, noise and dust) and fit better than Toyota OEM.

I used the Akebono pads, and they did not make quite the distance of the originals. they went 55k miles versus 80k miles on the originals.