Hole In Dash From Sat Radio, Need Suggestion For Fixing

jcollum

Hi, me again. I've got a few small problems on this car that need to be fixed, I've searched and not found the answers.

Next up, the hole in the dash. Apparently previous-previous owner had a sat radio installed and took it out when he sold it. So I've got 3 holes in the top of the center dash. There's a little wall kinda thing there, in front of the soft pad (what's that pad for?).

Options? Ideally I'd get a piece of rounded black plastic and just glue it over the three holes. I suppose I could put a GPS there, but I have GPS on my phone and I'm not sure if I want to put an invitation for people to break in to the car right there where it's so easy to see. Maybe I can just buy a replacement dash piece?

If the dash tray will solve the problem, I got one from Hong Kong thru ebay for a lot less.

Best I could find was still $100. Seems like a lot for some plastic. Off to the junkyard I go!

100 is about what I paid for mine. It's "JDM" man. There are some online salvage searches you can find on Google. I've had some hit and miss luck whith those.

100 is about what I paid for mine. It's "JDM" man. There are some online salvage searches you can find on Google. I've had some hit and miss luck whith those.

I'm not sure what JDM means... is JDM a good thing? I think I'll try and find a local junkyard that has an IS300, then hit the online shops. Either way I'll probably just get the replacement of the existing part. I just bought tires today so I'm not into putting more money into the car for a while :)

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. In this case it would be Altezza vs IS300 in the US. We joke a lot about people buying JDM parts at extra high prices just so they can say it's JDM. Some even try to duplicate the Altezza but that's almost impossible since the real Altezza is right hand drive and has a different motor.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. In this case it would be Altezza vs IS300 in the US. We joke a lot about people buying JDM parts at extra high prices just so they can say it's JDM. Some even try to duplicate the Altezza but that's almost impossible since the real Altezza is right hand drive and has a different motor.

Ah, so the guys who go out of there way to buy JDM are the same guys that buy a $5000 amp to listen to CDs. Gotcha. I think I'll pass in that case.

Thanks for explaining it.