Generation "6" Navigation Question.

Greetings Lexus brethren and sistren...this is my first post and the reason why I joined this forum has to do with mixed signals I am getting from the various Lexus dealers whom I've asked the following question. We are a 2 Lexus family, and spousal unit is about to lease a new 2010 RX350 within the next 2 weeks. This car has a hard drive based navigation system and is called "generation 6" navigation. I will be leasing again in November and I am interested in the Lexus models which will have this new navigation system. I have heard that the new hybrid HS250H will have this type of navigation because it is a brand new model. I was told that only completely new models will have this type of nav. But just last weekend a dealer told me that the 2010 IS sedan will also have this type of nav.

Anyone out there have a concrete answer? I would so appreciate a response.

Best wishes,

Jeff

I have a hard time believing that they will upgrade the IS to the next gen system before they completely remodel the car. Never believe what the dealer tells you about stuff like that. They don't know any more than you could find with a good google search. The new RX/HS has a system that recognizes conversational voice, i.e., you don't have to memorize specific voice commands. They also removed the touch screen and added the "mouse"--there's no way the current IS is getting the mouse--there's no room on the console for it.

While not what I was hoping to hear, I do appreciate your response. Just today I was at a Lexus dealership in Beverly Hills, and they were "positive" that the 2010 IS was going to have the new generation 6 nav. I left there, feeling really excited---but because of your response, I will temper that excitement WAY down. Probably a good thing!

Thanks for your response,

Jeff

• 1 month later...
While not what I was hoping to hear, I do appreciate your response. Just today I was at a Lexus dealership in Beverly Hills, and they were "positive" that the 2010 IS was going to have the new generation 6 nav. I left there, feeling really excited---but because of your response, I will temper that excitement WAY down. Probably a good thing!

Thanks for your response,

Jeff

My new 2010 IS 250C has the latestest gen 6 nav. It isn't DVD based, it's Hard Drive based along with the RX 450h. I still haven't mastered the voice commands yet but I will.

Gary