Loud Clicking Noise On A Gs 300

hey guys...i've been having this same problem with my 2004 GS300. Whenever i try to leave the parking spot i put in Reverse and right after i push the breaks (in order to switch to Drive) i hear this loud clicking noise. After the car is in Drive mode, the same thing would happened...when i push the breaks....Now, as soon as it all happened the car is perfect.. (in order for the noise to happen, i noticed that the car has to go from R to D or D to R on slow speed while pushing the breaks after the switch)

what do i do.....i took it to a few different repair stations....everything seems to be OK...but the noise is still there...

PS. the best possible solution offered by those places......"come back when it's a lot worse"....lol WTF?

Please help...if you had the same problem

hey guys...i've been having this same problem with my 2004 GS300. Whenever i try to leave the parking spot i put in Reverse and right after i push the breaks (in order to switch to Drive) i hear this loud clicking noise. After the car is in Drive mode, the same thing would happened...when i push the breaks....Now, as soon as it all happened the car is perfect.. (in order for the noise to happen, i noticed that the car has to go from R to D or D to R on slow speed while pushing the breaks after the switch)

what do i do.....i took it to a few different repair stations....everything seems to be OK...but the noise is still there...

PS. the best possible solution offered by those places......"come back when it's a lot worse"....lol WTF?

Please help...if you had the same problem

There are shims between the pads and caliper, They are probably worn out and need replacing. Have you had new brake pads replaced recently or ever ? When you get new pads get new shims also.

Yep, I agree with DC 110%. :cheers:

I'm willing to bet you've got (1) aftermarket brake pads on there, or (2) worn out brake pads.

The noise you're hearing is the pads hitting their caliper seats when you first apply the brakes in any given direction. They're shifting. After market pads are almost guaranteed to do this. You've should have the shims on the back of the pads as DC says. In addition, within the caliper seat itself, are these little clips that are along the side of the pads. They're "springy" in nature, and hold the pad in place. The problem with some aftermarket pads, is that the pad frame itself isn't an "exact" replica of the genuine oem pads. This creates some slack when in the seat of the caliper. The previous owner of my GS had a brake job done at a GM dealership "why, is beyond me", and they too used aftermarket parts, and I too have that clicking noise. I also had it on my LS when I was messing around with aftermarket pads, and also had it on the front of my 4runner "again, previous owner replaced pads with aftermarkets". Genuine Toyota pads fixed the LS, fixed the 4runner, and will fix the GS "both mine, and yours".

Yep, I agree with DC 110%. :cheers:

I'm willing to bet you've got (1) aftermarket brake pads on there, or (2) worn out brake pads.

The noise you're hearing is the pads hitting their caliper seats when you first apply the brakes in any given direction. They're shifting. After market pads are almost guaranteed to do this. You've should have the shims on the back of the pads as DC says. In addition, within the caliper seat itself, are these little clips that are along the side of the pads. They're "springy" in nature, and hold the pad in place. The problem with some aftermarket pads, is that the pad frame itself isn't an "exact" replica of the genuine oem pads. This creates some slack when in the seat of the caliper. The previous owner of my GS had a brake job done at a GM dealership "why, is beyond me", and they too used aftermarket parts, and I too have that clicking noise. I also had it on my LS when I was messing around with aftermarket pads, and also had it on the front of my 4runner "again, previous owner replaced pads with aftermarkets". Genuine Toyota pads fixed the LS, fixed the 4runner, and will fix the GS "both mine, and yours".

Hey Nc, What are we going to do with the extra 10% ? :lol::lol::lol: