Iphone Buzzing When Making Call

mpy1

Just purchased an iphone for my 2006 LS430 and had no problem pairing with my Lexus bluetooth. But there is a loud buzzing sound that lasts a few seconds most of the time when I place a call from the car's touch screen. I brought the car to dealer and we tried to unpair and pair again several times to no avail. I have seen this is a problem for some other Lexus owners. Has anyone found a solution?

Did you have a different Bluetooth phone before iPhone and did it do the same thing? If not maybe borrow a family member or friends phone to see if the problem is with any phone. That way you know if it’s an across the board issue or just something subtle with iPhone.

If it’s just an iPhone issue then maybe Apple has a software patch available to fix this. In that case it would suspect just some aspect of the call set up (via Bluetooth) handshaking is incorrect.

The problem with these types of defects is each party claims it’s the other guys defect and the user gets stuck in the middle. I would be sure to call in to Apple so they log some type of problem report. Once they get enough they’ll prioritize a fix. Same goes for Lexus.

Oh God I hate iPhone's. Such a horrible piece of crap.

The iPhone is like the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, that has a horrible attitude problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever have a problem with it, even as simple as you need a new battery, you have to ship the entire phone off to Apple. AT&T won't insure it.(IIRC)

Switch to Verizon and get the Blackberry Tour ;) Or at least ditch the iPhone and upgrade to a Blackberry.:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Oh God I hate iPhone's. Such a horrible piece of crap.

The iPhone is like the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, that has a horrible attitude problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever have a problem with it, even as simple as you need a new battery, you have to ship the entire phone off to Apple. AT&T won't insure it.(IIRC)

Switch to Verizon and get the Blackberry Tour ;) Or at least ditch the iPhone and upgrade to a Blackberry.:cheers:

Just purchased an iphone for my 2006 LS430 and had no problem pairing with my Lexus bluetooth. But there is a loud buzzing sound that lasts a few seconds most of the time when I place a call from the car's touch screen. I brought the car to dealer and we tried to unpair and pair again several times to no avail. I have seen this is a problem for some other Lexus owners. Has anyone found a solution?

Just upgraded to the iphone 3GS and was so happy to see the buzzing sound problem has been eliminated. :)

Just upgraded to the iphone 3GS and was so happy to see the buzzing sound problem has been eliminated. :)

I think the buzzing is due to a weird mix from the GSM phone and the car radio. I've had various Nokia and Apple phones in a number of different cars, and they interfere (buzz) with some, and others have no interference. My '95 LS used to buzz, but my '99 LS doesn't. My 3GS came on Friday morning; it's really sweet! B)

• 1 month later...

I have an 05 SC430 and Blackberry Storm - same buzzing problem and I've been unable to find a solution. I've "paired" and "unpaired" several times. Other than this the phone works fine - listeners just complain they can't hear me. The buzzing is when making connecting to make an outgoing call.